How to Get Your Business TikTok Started
TikTok, the short video app that has taken the world by storm and is now available in over 100 countries, is a great way to connect with your audience and grow your business.
But if you’re just starting out on TikTok, it can be hard to know where to begin. Here are some tips for getting started—whether you have a brand-new account or you’re looking to expand your existing one.
Let's start with the basics: what is TikTok?
TikTok is a video-sharing platform that allows users to make short videos, add music, effects, filters, and text, and share them with their friends on the app or other social media sites.
So how do you use Tik Tok?
There are three steps to starting out on TikTok: Creating a business account, creating content for TikTok relevant to your business, and promoting your business TikTok account.
Creating a business TikTok account
Creating a business account allows brands like yours to create an account that will be more visible on the site than personal accounts. To do this, you’ll need the following information:
Email address – the email address of your website
Username – this should be easy to remember and searchable and remember you can’t change it after you’ve created it
Password – make sure it’s something secure
Bio – what your business is/does
Profile picture – choose one that’s representative of your brand’s identity, logos are good but incorporating people in the image will make your account more relatable!
Once you’ve created this account, it’s time for step two! Create content for TikTok relevant to your business.
How do you create content for TikTok relevant to your business?
This is the most important part of building a successful TikTok business: creating content that’s relevant to your audience and will help them learn more about what you do, or even inspire them to buy from you!
Make sure that the content you create is relevant to your business. For example, if you own a restaurant, consider making videos showing how food is prepared at your establishment or even posting photos of what’s available on the menu each day!
Create content around what’s trending! Use popular topics, themes, audio, and hashtags to produce content relevant to your business or industry that also resonates with a wider audience.
Try not to post too many advert-style videos. While it’s important to let people know about new items or specials, you don’t want your followers feeling like they’re being advertised at every turn.
How do you promote your business TikTok?
- Create content that people want to see! The more people that see your content the more feeds it will be shown in. If you’re not sure what kind of video would be popular with TikTok users, just look through some of the most viewed posts. You’ll quickly see what’s trending and what people find humorous or interesting.
- Make sure that you’re using hashtags. Hashtags can help others find your content more easily.
- Don’t forget to include links to your website and social media pages in your bio or profile! This way people who are interested in you can easily find their way over to see what else you have going on.
- Repurpose your content on other social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook Reels to share links with people who aren’t on TikTok yet. This will ensure that they’ll see your content no matter where they are!
How do you keep up with TikTok trends?
The best way to stay on top of TikTok trends is to follow other popular accounts and keep an eye out for videos you find interesting. This will help you get a better idea of what people are posting and make it easier to come up with your own content! You can also:
- Use the search bar to see what’s trending. You can also view the new videos that are being uploaded every day.
- Monitor the #tiktok hashtag on Twitter.
- Follow other users, influencers, and creators who are relevant to your brand so they can help inspire you or even collaborate with them!
- Read articles about trends in the news or online to see what’s popular right now.